Social media has grown astronomically over the years. With millions of users now engaged across various social platforms, brands have a lot to gain by harnessing the power of social media for lead generation.
Let’s take a look at three brands that exemplify social media lead generation best practices. Our hope is that these examples will inspire ideas and insights for your own organization.
1) Marketo and Twitter
Marketo, a marketing automation software company, used a targeted keywords list to connect with conversations taking place on social media. They used an enticing tweet to promote its new content creation guide:
When potential prospects click on the link, they are taken to a well-designed landing page with a clear call-to-action for the offer. A short form is located above the fold. Visitors must fill out the form before they can download the offer.
2) Salesforce and Facebook
Salesforce is another brand that truly gets social media lead generation. Here’s an example of a Salesforce’s Facebook photo ad which uses the same approach to promoting gated content.
3) IBM and Twitter + LinkedIn
IBM took a very different approach to tap into the IT community using social media to promote its cloud service. The objectives were to generate good quality leads and move them along the sales funnel using social media.
They empowered their sales staff to use Twitter and LinkedIn effectively. Their social media strategy was based on a “listen and respond” model. Sales people were given the resources to join the ongoing social media conversations and use them to find and capture new leads. The strategy revolved around:
- Social listening to identify hot topics, such as customer questions on Twitter and LinkedIn, industry themes being discussed, challenges and pain points for those in the IT industry.
- Equipping reps with content assets and resources that they could use to participate in social media conversations.
- Leads were directed to each sales rep’s personalized rep pagewhere they could share specific content and information.
After three months:
- 19% of cloud product inside sales rep page traffic came from social media
- 55% increase in Twitter followers
- More than 3500 tweets and retweets
- More than 2,000 clicks to rep pages and cloud product enterprise website page
Mark Yolton of SAP explained it simply, “Social media marketing is no longer a nice to have—it’s a must have. Our customers expect it. Our competitors are all doing it. And unless we embrace and excel at social media marketing integrated into the full marketing mix, we’ll be at a competitive disadvantage.”
Kirkwood Direct is largest service provider that offers comprehensive and effective end-to-end direct marketing communications solutions to their clients. It offers various services like Data Management/ Data Acquisition, Commercial Printing, Mailing Services, E-marketing and many more. Call (978) 642-0300 or visit site.